Thursday 11th August
Hi Church Family
A very warm welcome to this week’s Thursday Thoughts!
· 9.45am: Quiet Communion
· 10am-10.40am: Free Community Breakfast with bacon butties, toast and spreads, cereals, fruit, tea, filter coffee, and fruit juice
· 10.45-11.45am: St Martin’s Family Service. As always, there’ll be fun activities for kids (Lighthouse) and Ignite (Youth) in their groups! We’ll be thinking about ‘How can we know God better, his blessings, his hope, his inheritance, and his power?’ and our readings are Ephesians 1:15–23 and James 1:5. Julie will be leading the service, and Kim will be doing the talk.Please join us after the service for refreshments
· 12.30-1.30pm: ODCoG/St Martin’s Free Food Stall across the road at the Youth Centre. Please come along if you need a bit of help putting food on the table and grab a bite to eat too! Using ingredients from the Free Food Stall, we cook a meal for those who are in the queue
· In everything we do, please keep a special look out for anyone sitting or standing on their own and please either ask them to come and join you or go over to them because everyone is welcome!
NEXT SUNDAY – 21st AUGUST
We’ll be focusing on,‘How am I a brand-new creation?’ looking at Ephesians 2:1–10 and 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
WHAT’S COMING UP? – SUNDAY 28th AUGUST
We’ll be thinking about,‘The wonderful privilege of belonging to God’s family!’, reflecting uponEphesians 2:19–22 and Galatians 3:26-29
LAST DELIVERY OF OUR NEW FLIERS
Due to the heatwave, this has been postponed to Wednesday 24th August at 1.30pm. We’ll finish delivering our fliers about ‘What’s on at St Martin’s?’ and praying for everyone who receives one. Meeting at church, we’ll deliver to:
· Ballard Road
· Ballard Court
· Dene Close
· Kingswood Close
· Little Paddock
· London Road
· The Maultway north
· Wychwood Place
· Tree Tops Ave
PRAY FOR CAMBERLEY
On Tuesday 16th August at 7.45pm, we’re gathering as ‘Churches Together in Camberley’ at St Paul’s Church to ‘Pray for Camberley’, and I hope that you can join us.
BREAKTHROUGH MONTHLY PRAYER
Join us on Wednesday 24th August at 7.30pm as we pray together as a church family for our world, our nation, our community, our church family, and our families.
WEDDING AT ST. MARTIN’S
On Tuesday 30th August, James and Charmaine are getting married at St Martin’s! Please pray for the happy couple as they prepare for their wedding day.
OUTLOOK FOR SENIORS TRIP TO THE SEASIDE
On Wednesday 7th September, our Outlook group is going by coach to the seaside! Please speak to Pat for further details if you would like to come along. We will also provide free refreshments and a film at St Martin’s for those who are unable to go.
ODCOG COMMUNITY FUN DAY
On Saturday 10th September, between 11am and 3pm, come along for a great day out at the ODCoG Community Fun Day at the Wimbledon Road Recreation Ground. Helping to raise money for local causes, there will be a raffle, bouncy castles, a barbeque, cakes, displays, lots of info, fun stalls and much more!!
CAMBERLEY ALZHEIMER’S CAFÉ
The Alzheimer’s Café is coming to St Martin’s from September! Once a month we will meet in a warm and friendly atmosphere with live music and refreshments. We’ll share our experiences and learn more about Alzheimer’s Disease/Dementia. Come and join us and find out more on Monday 19th September and then the third Monday of every month from 6.30-8.30pm. For further information, phone 01276 675266, go to www.alzheimercafe.co.uk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WE’RE PRAYING FOR:
· our church to grow in numbers, in spiritual commitment, and in service to our local community
· leaders and helpers for our Lighthouse and Ignite groups
· mature and active Christians to help our church family and reach out to our local community
· more families to join us.
TESCO BLUE TOKENS – PLEASE VOTE FOR THE FREE FOOD STALL
Voting continues in store for the Free Food Stall! So, please pick up a blue token and vote for the Free Food Stall!
The project with the highest number of votes across our region will receive £1,500, the second placed project £1,000, and the third placed project £500.
CO-OP LOCAL COMMUNITY FUND
We’ve now raised £1,087.17!
Please would you consider becoming a Co-op member, choosing us as your local cause and help us raise funds for our Community Breakfast? (You don’t have to live locally to support us!)
You can join to become a Co-op member here (for £1): https://www.coop.co.uk/membership
Here’s the link to choose our Community Breakfast as your local cause: https://membership.coop.co.uk/causes/56403
Thank you very much.
Join us from 10-11.30am at Wednesday Café for a good chat over good, free refreshments, including Mo’s delicious cakes!
SATURDAY CAFÉ’S HAVING A BREAK DURING AUGUST
We’re giving the Saturday Café team a well-deserved break during August, but don’t worry because you can look forward to more tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and toast in great company in September! Many thanks to Jill and her Saturday Café team for your faithful service.
Our cherished Life Groups are essential for:
· building deeper friendships
· studying God’s Word together and applying to each other’s lives
· caring, supporting, and praying for each other.
If you haven’t joined a Life Group yet, then I warmly recommend this wonderful opportunity to you. Please contact me or Em to find out more.
This happens every Monday night at 8pm (apart from Bank Holidays). We gather to catch up with each other, enjoy each other’s company and have a go at the Life Group questions. Gents, you’re very welcome to join us.
We pray in person throughout the week at the following times:
· Monday at 10am in the prayer room
· Tuesday at 9am in the prayer room
· Wednesday before Cafe at 9am in the prayer room
· Thursday at 9am in the prayer room
· Friday at 9am in the prayer room
· Saturday at 10am in August
· Sunday after Quiet Communion by the Lighthouse board
We would love to have you pray with us! More prayer = more of God’s power at work in our lives.
PRAYER BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE SERVICE
After Quiet Communion, before going through to Breakfast, you are very welcome to join anyone who wishes to pray for the service on the right-hand side of church at the front to the left-hand side of the sofas, next to the boards.
As well as receiving prayer ministry after the service (in the same place as praying before the service), you can now pray with someone when we start singing after the talk. When we start singing, please make your way to the prayer room where we’d be pleased to pray with you.
Join our Facebook group here:
Follow our Instagram account here:
Follow our Twitter account here:
Check out our website here:
Where possible, please may I ask you to consider car sharing or parking nearby in roads such as Ballard Road so that spaces in our car park are available for people with mobility needs, babies or picking up/dropping off food for the food stall?
We have permission to park at The Beacon Church (if they are using the building then they will leave a notice on the door so that we do not park there). Thank you.
Vicar: Chris Richardson Tel: 01276 586798
email: email@example.com (Day off: Friday)
Church Office Tel: 01276 932819 (10am-12pm weekdays)
Facebook: St Martin’s Camberley Twitter: @StCamb