We all have things that we hate or regret about our past. We’ve all made mistakes, and will continue to, but God loves us nonetheless. You are so loved. You really matter. So whatever you’ve done, whatever you’re doing, whatever you’re going through, whatever you will do … come to St Martin’s anyway. The longest journey starts with a single step and you’ll be made to feel so welcome. So, join us at 10.45am on Sundays. We really hope you can make it.
· 10am-10.40am: Free Community Breakfast with yummy pancakes, toast and spreads, cereals, fruit, tea, filter coffee, and fruit juice.
· 10.45-11.45am: St Martin’s Family Service including Communion
· Join us after the service as we enjoy tea, coffee, and biscuits together.
· As always, there’ll be fun activities for kids (Lighthouse) and youth (Ignite) in their groups!
· We’ll be thinking about ‘Why do we need to be led by the Holy Spirit? Our readings are Romans 8:4-13 and Galatians 5:13-25
· Our readings are Romans 8:1-4 and 1 John 1:8-9. Caroline will be leading the service and I’ll be leading Communion and preaching.
· In everything we do, please keep a special look out for anyone sitting or standing on their own and please either ask them to come and join you or go over to them.
Why can we walk with our heads held high?
Romans 8:14-17 and 1 John 3:1-3
On Sunday, Julie, our new Curate, will be ordained at the Cathedral at 3pm!
Please come and support Julie at the Cathedral! There is parking at the Cathedral, however if when you arrive you find there is not sufficient space, the university has kindly allowed us to use their parking. If parking at the university, then you should allow a good 10 minutes’ walk.
Next Sunday, we’ll be welcoming Julie and Dave with a Bring and Share Meal after the service on Sunday 10th July. Please bring something to share with our church family – see our What’s On Page for suggestions.
Join us from 10-11.30am at Wednesday Café and Saturday Café for a good chat over good refreshments!
We’re moving from a Facebook Page to a Facebook Group!
Please click on the link below and come and join us!
What’s On photo by Maddi Bazzocco, other photos by Alice Clark
The PCC of St Martin’s is committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of everyone within our community. Particular regard is given to the care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults. For further information please contact the Parish Safeguarding Officer, Michael Collier on 07990 978766. Alternatively, Diocesan Safeguarding Advise is available from Jane Huttly on 01483 790321 (07552 530355) or jane.huttly at cofeguildford.org.uk. For further information please see the Diocesan safeguarding website.
If you have any concerns about past church related abuse, please read this document for advice on how to get help.