‘See I am doing a new thing’
led by Claire Isherwood
Readings: Isaiah 43:14-21, Matthew 28:19-20
Life Group Questions
‘See I am doing a new thing’ Isaiah 43:14-21
- We are called to learn from the past in order to move on into the future. Do you agree with this statement? If so, why? How might we achieve this?
- In the bible, history isn’t a pointless repeating cycle, but a story going somewhere – ultimately resulting, at the end of time, with God making all things new. The same is true with our lives as we journey with Jesus. Why is this so encouraging?
- God isn’t in the business of ‘doing a repair-job.’ He doesn’t just repair things … he renews. Do you agree? If so, why?
- Where do you see God renewing things amongst us?
- God brings new life. Both in the world around us, and in the Old Dean, where would you like to see God bring new life?
- In your own life, where would you like to see renewal?