‘Blessed are those who mourn’
Readings: Isaiah 61:1-2, Matthew 5:4 (NIV)
Life Group Questions
‘Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted’ Matthew 5: 4
- What do we mourn? Why do we mourn?
- Mourning comes to us all … yet, sometimes we struggle against it … and avoid it … yet, Jesus invites us to mourn. What do you think Jesus wants us to pay attention to in our mourning?
- How do you feel when you see the sin that is in the world? How do you feel about the sin in your own life?
- How does mourning over your sin, rather than denying it, help you move forward?
- What role do we have in comforting those who mourn? See Romans 12:15 and 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- In Isaiah 61:1-3, what does God promise for those who are mourning?
- Why can we trust God to help and heal us? Read Hebrews 13:5, John 14:16, Isaiah 40:30-31 and 2 Corinthians 1:3-5